August 23, 2007

Things I don't GET

1. MySpace!?!?!?

2. Soccer lingo...midfielder, off-sides...I thought that was for hockey...!?!?

3. Why in this society to live a FULL life your schedule must be so jammed packed that you can barely breathe!

4. Soccer snacks...seriously who started this and why to we continue to perpetuate it?

5. My son's fear of dogs...and yes, the new babysitter, Vicky, has a very large dog!

6. Why coaches think yelling will motivate little boys to play better soccer?

I could go on, but since this list is starting to annoy me I will stop.

Three more days until my oldest child will be a first grader! So excited for him and so bummed that he just doesn't think he needs me as much anymore. Tonight he told me that he didn't need me to pick up him up from Vicky's...he would just take the taxi!

Wondering why my son knows what a taxi is? Before we found Vicky it was something we explored as a means of transporting him from Mary's to school. Turns out it is super expensive but at the time we had no other options so we had to talk to him about it. Really wishing I wouldn't have. Glad he can't use the phone yet because he would probably call them up and take a ride!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! See you all at the soccer fields on Saturday...and for the record...going to change my answering machine message right now! Call me tomorrow if you don't believe me...

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

can't wait to call :)
laughing about the taxi
enjoy every minute of your weekend!

Shannon said...

um...rough day?

Totally curious about your answering machine message? Im calling it tomorrow.

Sarah said...

Things 2-6 that you don't get, I don't get either.

However, MySpace is great! Love it! Have found friends from high school that I lost touch with and it's sooo super fun!

Love that you're really changing your answering machine. Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Giggling at #1... You have spelled Vicky's name different every time you have typed it.
#2... The thought of Justin rollin' up to school in a taxi. that is the funniest thing I have heard in a while, well besides your new answering machine message. You are cracking me up.
Happy thoughts, Happy thoughts! It's almost the weekend!

Kristie said...

oops, probably should start blogging when I'm more coherent...fixed the Vicky thing!:)

Kailin said...

Love your list! Right there with you on the soccer snack thing!

Anonymous said...

You should get your boys a dog and maybe that will get rid off them being scared of a dog? Hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!!!