Its Saturday...YEAH! And it's not so hot...YEAH, YEAH!! The boys woke me up at exactly 8 am this morning, which was both good and bad. Either way my day was started. And the chores began! Most of you know that I have a housekeeper...which I LOVE by the way...its the only way a working mama can stay sane...in my opinion anyway. So today I finished all the things that my housekeeper doesn't do like windows and the things that in the summer time just need done more than once a week. Windows are done, flower beds are weeded, watered and fertilized, toys are picked up so Daddy can mow and the patio is somewhat clean...if you can ignore the layer of sidewalk chalk.
We watched "Night at the Museum" again, had some breakfast and then the inside cleaning began. Vacuum, dust, mop kitchen, dishes, inside of the windows, laundry folded and put away, straighten up the book shelf, pick up toy room...and done with the inside just as Daddy is coming home from work! Sweet timing! And lunch break. Scrapbooking break...working on Justin's kinder book...need to spend some time with my pictures and decide which ones I am going to print & which ones are just going on a CD to be put in the back of the book...
Now just have to vacuum out my car that my husband so nicely took to the car wash and had washed for me. I would do it myself but I'm scared to drive in the car wash. I know its ridiculous but it freaks me out!
And now after this entirely boring post I will get to my point...
I was thinking all morning how thankful I am that I have this family to take care of, this house to clean over and over and over, to have the clothes and dishes that need washed, to be able to plant the flowers that need taken care of, to have a car that needs washed...
So I am mostly posting this for myself so on the next time I'm doing the things that I did today and I'm not having such a good attitude, I can look back and remember that I should be thankful and recognize how truly special this life can be and how even chores are a blessing! The Lord so richly blesses each one of us. May your day be full of blessings too!
6 comments:
Aww, I love this post! I love that you have reminded me how blessed we are! What a great attitude. Thank you for posting!
I need that reminding... I get really really sick of cleaning up over and over and over again. Thanks for the "spanking". :-)
wanna come over to my house? :)
Good for you. I should really get off my butt right now and take care of some things!
AHH the joy of cleaning. Then doing again, and again, and again. It will be great to have our garage sale and get rid of STUFF!! Mel
This is a good reminder for all of us! I will remember to be thankful when my children are constantly whining - at least I have them and have the privilege to hear their wonderful, yet whiny, voices! =)
I'll have to get the name of your housekeeper! I'm really not looking foward to full-time!
Post a Comment