That's pretty much all Justin had to say about the fireworks display last night! The City of Hermiston did not disappoint. We got there early and staked out our spot right in the front row. In reality we got there a little too early but in any case we had a front row seat. So we waited for what the kids thought was forever and at 9:45 they set off a GIANT fire ball! Seriously knew why they had the safety line up because you could definitely feel the HEAT! About 15 minutes later the show began and it lasted about 20 minutes. I love being close enough that it feels like they are falling down on top of your head! Justin was cheering and smiling the whole way through. William and John were covering their ears and asking when we could leave. They don't share Justin's love for the fireworks yet! I can understand because they were seriously loud. You know, the kind of loud that you feel in your chest. Like somehow it might actually be stopping your heart for a brief moment. And then, the finale...totally unprepared for this and maybe they do this every year...but they set off like 20 fireball at the same time! If felt like your face was on fire it was so hot and we were like 50 yards away! I wish I would have taken my camera although since I wasn't expecting it I may not have even gotten a shot of it! It was AWESOME!
2 comments:
Ditto... but from about 4-5 blocks away. It was really nice from our house. They were loud... but not so much that the kids were covering ears AND they were clear as can be. BUT... we definately missed the feeling of the heat and falling just above your head. It was very good!
I SO agree! It was an awesome show this year!
All three of my kids loved it. John and I agreed that it was one of their better shows yet.
The fire ball at the end was crazy. I could feel the heat from where we were sitting, I can just imagine what it felt like to the people setting them off! Glad you had fun!
Post a Comment