October 17, 2006

{The Rat}

I just had to share this...
Every night after work I go pick up my kids at daycare. It takes about 10 minutes to get from her house to ours so during that time we talk about how their day went. Some days 10 minutes isn't enough so we continue the conversation at home. Other days 2 minutes is sufficient. So today Justin was giving me the run down on the activities at school. First he tells me that he got five sticks which tells me from the get go he had a good day in his teacher's eyes!;) Then a little about recess and who he sat by in class, some bus trauma( something about kids changing seats while the bus was moving and it wasn't him), and then the computer lab story! Twice a week they go to the "big" computer lab (big meaning his whole class goes and they each have a computer to sit at). They have a computer station in their classroom with 5 computers that they use regularly for different things. Anyway, he's telling me how he practiced his letters on the computer. He says, " You put the ear thingys on, then when you hear the sound you use {THE RAT} to put the red "x" on the letter." At first I thought I didn't hear him correctly. So I said, "What did you use?" He says, "You know Mom the thingy on the computer...the rat!"
For some reason he thinks the mouse is called the rat! I don't know where he got that but I thought it was hilarious!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my that is to cute!

Lindsay said...

I'm laughing so hard right now...gotta love little minds!

Shannon said...

So cute!

Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I'm glad you wrote it down so you won't forget!

Katie