



I was cleaning off the patio tonight and I noticed this Preying Mantis on the top of the sliding door! She was pretty big. Not the biggest I have ever seen but a good size one anyway! I had to take some pictures of her! William wanted to step on her...Justin and John were watching from inside the sliding door. They were not to sure about that big bug...about 4 inches long probably. I took her down from the sliding door with the broom handle and she eventually got tired of me taking her picture and she crawled off into the grass. I was trying to irritate her hoping she would flare her arms out so I could get a shot of the "eye spots" on her forearms but no such luck. Must have been too cold!
3 comments:
How fun!
Gotta love the "little" things in life :)
I am so facinated by these guys. I dont mind them around...the cats however eat them. Poor creatures.
Every time we find one Judah brings it home with him. They are AMAZING to feed. If you can catch a fly and put in it a container with it... it is a sight.. they are VERY aggressive at dinnertime! So fun!
Post a Comment