September 3, 2006

{A day at the Ranch}











We headed out for Grandpa and Grandma's yesterday to help out at the Ranch! Its a ranch on a small scale...a few acres and a few cows but maintenance is always needed! We mowed...Ted on the tractor and Mom, Dad & I with the push mower! Mom, Justin and I collected Jim Hill mustard skeletons off the fences and burned them...with the hose close by! They burn HOT! I weed-eated...with a gas-powered weed-eater which I am sad to say made my arms shake for about an hour! Justin and William helped Grandma feed the grass clippings to the cows! They rode their bikes! They raced with the dogs up and down the fence...note that the dogs are on one side of the fence and the boys on the other!;) Add in a little laundry and some clothing alterations and it was a full work day! We had a great BBQ dinner complete with watermelon for dessert to finish off the day! We were all tired but it was fun just being together!






2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the new camera pics!! :)

Shannon said...

Love the pictures. Especially the close up of the eating the grass, very cool angle!