July 26, 2006

{Meet Blue Boy}



We are bird sitting! Grandma has not been feeling well so we are taking care of her bird until she is up to having him back with her! He is pretty and not too noisy as parakeets go. The boys love him. He is perched on top of our gas fireplace at the moment. Out of Little J's reach!;) He was not too pleased with me tonight when I was cleaning his cage though. I had to get my garden glove on to reach my hand in the cage. I'm sure it would have been a great picture when he jumped down from his perch and tried to land on my hand. I momentarily freaked out! You know, like when you are walking down the street and a bee starts buzzing around you and you do that little dance to try and shoo it away! You know there is a bee but the guy across the street watching you just thinks you are crazy! Anyway, for some reason I couldn't get my hand to understand that it was wearing a glove and therefore could not be bitten. In the end I was successful...cage cleaned, bird remained inside the cage, and I remain bite free!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Oh my, what a good granddaughter you are.